PT Assistant with patient

USA Work Permit for Physical Therapists

USA Work permit information for physical therapists from Canada and Mexico

Canadian Physical Therapist and Mexican Physical Therapist Work Visas

American Traveler is the leader in placing physical therapists from Canada and Mexico in top USA physical therapy jobs. Our recruiting agency provides qualified Canadian physical therapists and Mexican physical therapists the information they need to obtain a TN Visa. Professionals trained in specialty occupations like physical therapy and occupational therapy are eligible for the TN Visa and qualify as TN NAFTA professional*

Foreign Trained Physical Therapists qualify for High - Pay U.S.A. Jobs

Mexican and Canadian Physical Therapists who gain their USA work visas (TN Visa) will get jobs with full benefits and infinite room for professional growth with American Traveler.

Canadian physical therapists and Mexican physical therapists looking for healthcare careers in America and USA work visas have some simple paperwork to get in order before recruiters at leading staffing agencies can place them. Visit the U.S. Embassy or Consulate web site where you will apply for your TN visa, find out how to schedule an interview appointment, pay the fees and any other instructions.

In order to travel with our company, international allied healthcare professionals must be eligible to work in the US. We can provide qualified Canadian and Mexican rehab therapists with assistance in obtaining a US work permit. Ask a Recruiter for details.

Australian physical therapists can also apply for the E-3 Visa - The E-3 classification applies only to nationals of Australia. You must be coming to the United States solely to perform services in a specialty occupation. The specialty occupation requires theoretical and practical application of a body of knowledge in professional fields and at least the attainment of a bachelor's degree, or its equivalent, as a minimum for entry into the occupation in the United States.

What is the TN Visa and how do Canadian Physical Therapists and other foreign trained therapists apply?

North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) creates special economic and trade relationships for the United States (U.S.), Canada and Mexico. The non-immigrant NAFTA Professional TN visa allows citizens of Canada and Mexico, as NAFTA professionals, to get a U.S.A. work permit with a prearranged job offer from U.S. employer. Permanent residents, including Canadian permanent residents, are not able to apply to work as a NAFTA professional.

Requirements for TN non-immigrant Visa

  • Foreign trained physical therapists who are citizens of Canada or Mexico
  • Your profession qualifies under the regulations; must hold a Physical Therapist Baccalaureate or Licenciatura Degree; or state/provincial license
  • You have a prearranged full-time or part-time physical therapy job with a U.S. employer (but not self-employment)
  • You have the qualifications of the profession

Get specific details about TN NAFTA Visa eligibility for Canadian and Mexican Citizens at the USCIS web site.

Education/License Requirements - Mexican and Canadian PTs will need to:

How the VisaScreen® Visa Credentials Assessment Helps Canadian Physical Therapists

A division of the Foreign Credentialing Commission on Physical Therapy (FCCPT), known as the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools (CGFN) can get foreign trained physical therapists on track to earning a VisaScreen® Certificate, which confirms eligibility for an "occupational visa" to work in, or apply for jobs at any Canadian/U.S. border as you enter the country. Applicants who successfully complete VisaScreen® receive an International Commission on Healthcare Professions VisaScreen® Certificate, which satisfies the Federal screening requirements.

American Traveler Staffing Experts Can Ease the Transition

See your goal of landing the ultimate travel physical therapy jobs in America come to reality! Let American Traveler Staffing experts be your constant companion throughout the TN Visa process by calling us at 800-884-8788, or apply online today!

* NAFTA is the acronym for the North American Free Trade Agreement.