U.S. News and World Report Top 8 Best Children's Hospitals list
Are you a Peds Nurse or registered nurse in the NICU, looking to make the honor roll?
Registered nurses interested in landing the best travel pediatric nursing jobs in the country—at teaching hospitals, magnet nurse facilities and large medical centers with cutting edge PICU jobs that treat critically ill newborns—are well advised to pay attention to this Years Honor Roll for Best Children’s Hospitals.
Leading travel nurse staffing agencies put Peds nurses and NICU nurses on the map for award winning pediatric care. What about you, personally? Will your next travel nurse job be at a top ranking facility for children with life-threatening or rare conditions beyond the capabilities of most hospitals? Read on for a clearer picture of which medical centers rank the highest in nurse-patient ratios, access to specialists and top notch quality of care in every pediatric specialty.
Pediatric Nursing: Get high ratings for nurse –patient ratio’s
The U.S. News World Report Honor Roll distinguished the best 62 medical facilities (ranked high in at least one specialty) out of more than 5,000 hospitals reviewed— the Best Children’s Hospitals rankings are facilities that treat children with cancer, cystic fibrosis, defective hearts and more, demonstrating superior care and are rated high for surgical volume, nurse-patient ratios, programs for children with terminal or life-limiting conditions, and number of bone marrow transplant services offered.
The Best Children’s Hospitals in the United States
These top 8 healthcare providers excel in all 10 pediatric specialties, with some on the list receiving a #1 ranking in the country for a specific Peds specialty.
- Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center is ranked #1 for Gastroenterology.
- Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC: this hospital excels in all 10 pediatric specialties and received recognition for cutting edge approaches in treating brain tumors.
- Children’s Hospital Boston: Massachusetts nursing jobs aspire to the excellent quality of service provided at this Boston hospital, ranked #1 for 3 specialties that include kidney disorders, heart and neurosurgery
- Children’s Hospital Los Angeles: this hospital, located on Sunset Boulevard is known for raising millions to benefit cancer research.
- Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia: Ranked #1 in the 3 pediatric specialties of Neonatology, Diabetes & Endocrinology and Pulmonology
- New York-Presbyterian University Hospital of Columbia and Cornell: this hospital, in the heart of New York City, returns to the Honor Roll in a consistent show of excellent healthcare
- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital: located in Memphis, TN, St. Jude is ranked #1 in the nation for treating kids with cancer.
- St. Louis Children’s Hospital-Washington University: this hospital, founded in 1879, has provided a full range of pediatric services for generations.
- Texas Children’s Hospital: this Houston based hospital is proud of its Top #3 national ranking for pediatric heart surgeries.
American Traveler, accredited by The Joint Commission, maintains a healthy business relationship with elite institutions in healthcare, like the ones mentioned above. During the last decade, we have staffed over 75% of the best hospitals nationwide. Registered nurses looking for jobs in some of these prestigious facilities can call us at (800) 884-8788 or apply online; we’ll match your talents with the top institutions in healthcare today.