Nursing Career Resources
Travel Nursing Videos, Interviews, and Reviews
- Watch travel nurse career videos - Learn about a career with extraordinary benefits and much more!
- Reviews about American Traveler - Why healthcare professionals choose American Traveler as their travel nursing agency.
- Registered Nurse salary - Permanent staff and travel nurses. Learn about Registered Nurse salary, career benefits & more.
- Payment Services - Log in to PayPal - Make payments and send money.
Questions & Answers about a Travel Nursing Career
- Travel nurse career Q&A's - Read about the most popular questions/answers nurses and therapists are looking for when considering a career change with a new travel assignment.
- RN jobs - state tax Q&A - Learn about State Tax Income Information & Frequently Asked Questions for travel nurses.
- Nurse Interview Questions - Nursing interview questions come in two forms: those that YOU ask and those that employers pose.
Tips & Checklists
- Housing tips for travelers - Travel nurse housing checklists and tips to help you. Our housing department quick checklist is a surefire way to see that your housing experience goes smoothly.
- List of documents for travel nurse jobs - Many first-timers want to know what documents they need for a travel nurse job. Depending on your specialty and the facility, it’s likely that some additional documentation will be required. However, this is a basic list of requirements that can help you prepare ahead-of-time.
- Infographics - Career Tips and more - Share with Friends
U.S. National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health - web resource provides authoritative health information from government agencies and health-related organizations. Find medical journal articles and access drug information, health news, interactive patient tutorials, and an online medical encyclopedia.
Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry - federal agency of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services; committed to preventing harmful exposures and diseases related to toxic substances. Website provides an A to Z index on toxic substances, initiative information, hazardous waste sites, and other resources.
The Endometriosis Association - helpful portal includes treatment options, support groups, research, news, advice, and much more.
AWHONN The Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses offers Fetal Heart Monitoring courses and certifications.
S.T.A.B.L.E. Program is the most widely distributed and implemented neonatal education program to focus exclusively on the post-resuscitation/pre-transport stabilization care of sick infants. Based on a mnemonic to optimize learning, retention and recall of information, S.T.A.B.L.E. stands for the six assessment and care modules in the program: Sugar, Temperature, Airway, Blood pressure, Lab work, and Emotional support. A seventh module, Quality Improvement stresses the professional responsibility of improving and evaluating care provided to sick infants.
American Association of Critical Care Nurses offers the following certifications:
- CCRN - Adult, Neonatal and Pediatric Acute
- CCNS - Adult, Neonatal and Pediatric Acute
- PCCN - Progressive Care
- ACNPC - Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- CMC - Cardiac Medicine
- CSC - Cardiac Surgery
- CNML - Certified Nurse Manager and Leader
ACM Certification Exam - Accredited Case Manager
Emergency Nurses Association provides and/or endorses the following courses and certifications:
- TNCC- Trauma Nursing Core
- ENPC- Emergency Nursing Pediatric
- CEN- Certified Emergency Nurse
- CFRN- Certified Flight Registered Nurse
American Association of Neuroscience Nurses; offers the CNRN – Certified Neuroscience Registered Nurse Certification
Pediatric Nursing Certification Board - learn more about the Certified Pediatric Nurse (CPN) Exam
U.S. National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health this web resource provides authoritative health information from government agencies and health-related organizations. Find medical journal articles and access drug information, health news, interactive patient tutorials, and online medical encyclopedia.
The National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK) - conducts and supports basic and clinical research on many of the most serious diseases affecting public health.
To contact our management team or the Joint Commission on concerns regarding quality of patient care provided by our employees, call American Traveler at 800-884-8788 (email:[email protected]) and/or call The Joint Commission at 800-994-6610 (email:[email protected] No disciplinary or punitive action will be taken as a result of any such report.
Advance your Skills with a Nursing Certification
Nursing Education - When it comes to nursing education, Registered Nurses can choose from a variety of options that enrich their nursing careers, increase salary and demonstrate a commitment to excellence and lifelong learning.
Nursing Licenses and Education Links
- National Council of State Boards of Nurses
- Contact a Board of Nursing - Search by State
- American Heart Association
- CEDirect Free unlimited Continuing Education to our travel nurses.
- National Board for Respiratory Care
- The Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy
- American Board of Radiology
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
- National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy
- American Association of Respiratory Care
- Association of Surgical Technologists
- Nursing License Lookup - by State
- Nursing Specialty Certification Boards
- VisaScreen®: Visa Credentials Assessment
- Nurse License Verification
- PBDS Test