Canadian Traveling Nurses
See America as a Canadian Traveling Nurse
Canadian nurses can qualify for a U.S.A. work permit and land traveling nurse jobs at the best U.S.A. hospitals. Canadian traveling nurses feel right at home with American Traveler, awarded the Gold Seal of Approval by The Joint Commission. We provide top travel nursing jobs to Canadian nurses seeking employment opportunities in the USA.
Reserve your place in the sun by applying for Florida nursing jobs, or signing up for Golden State adventures in California nursing jobs! In addition, you will get the great benefits of travel nursing jobs in the U.S.A., that let Canadian traveling nurses enjoy free private luxurious accommodations, bonuses, license reimbursements, plus many other benefits at no cost.
What is a TN Visa?
The TN non-immigrant visa permits qualified Canadian citizens to seek temporary entry into the United States to engage in business activities at a professional level. Learn more about the TN NAFTA Professionals.
Requirements for Canadian traveling nurses to obtain a TN Visa
How to get a U.S.A. Work Permit?
American Traveler will help eligible Canadian nurses get their U.S.A. work permit and apply for traveling nurse jobs in the U.S. Our Consultants will provide guidance and support during your TN Visa application process, subsidizing immigration costs and streamlining your Canadian traveling nurse transition into new healthcare careers in the U.S. Below is a list of basic steps to obtain your U.S.A. work permit and qualify for TN Visa:
- Submit proof of foreign nursing education to the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools (CGFNS).
- Obtain licensure from the State Board of Nursing where you choose to work. If you are eligible, the board of nursing will issue an Authorization to Test for the NCLEX.
- Take the NCLEX or the CGFNS Qualifying exam. Information can be found at ncsbn.org and www.cgfns.org.
- Get a VisaScreen ® Certificate. Section 343 of the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996 requires specific health care professionals, such as registered nurses, to complete a screening program before they can receive either a permanent or temporary occupational visa, including Trade NAFTA status.
- Pass the TOEFL if educated in Quebec or trained in a non-English speaking country.
- Once you have a passport, U.S. nursing license, VisaScreen ® Certificate, and a U.S. job offer you can apply for and obtain a TN Visa at any Canadian/U.S. border as you enter the country.
Get on the Fast Track Toward Top-Pay Canadian Traveling Nurse Jobs
Our Recruiting Services assist more Canadian traveling nurses every year. If you're a Canadian nurse looking to spread your wings and take advantage of the easy TN Visa, we are prepared to assist you 24/7. Land your ultimate traveling nurse job today, and earn a top salary, steps away from exciting U.S. cities! American Traveler tops the list for competitive nursing salaries and room to grow in your career.