This post was written by American Traveler Staffing Professionals
FREE CEU Course for Working Travel Nurses Helps Keep RNs Safe in Cyberspace
Social Media is a lot of fun. It’s ideal for sharing photos and stories with family and friends and in the travel nursing world has become invaluable in journaling exploits and networking professionally. But caution is to be had for nurses engaging Social Media, especially in nurse jobs search and communicating in online forums.
To help working nurses maximize the use of Social Media while protecting themselves from getting stuck in a permanent nurse cyber-rut, American Traveler benefits include FREE CEU Courses. Topics include Social Networking; Putting Your Best Post Forward, plus many more educational topics of professional importance.
The goal of the course is to inform nurses about the impact social networking has on their professional image and careers. With more healthcare employers searching Social Media websites everyday for potential candidates, the last thing any nurse needs is to be found unintentionally violating patient privacy or posting controversial comments or pictures on a Facebook page.
Even if a nurse deletes or edits compromising Internet content, it’s typically already cached on a server somewhere. By using legitimate channels, employers conducting background checks and the courts can harvest it, experts say.
“Taken in the wrong context, content posted to the Internet can do irreparable damage to a nurse career,” said American Traveler Clinical Liaison, Deb Bacurin, RN.
Learn More about the Social Media CE course – talk too an American Traveler consultant to learn how you can take this course for free. Call us at 800-884-8788
Related blog about CEU for travel nurses
Liability for nurses engaging Social Media is imminent and altogether can be unintentional. Next week, American Traveler will list tips on avoiding conflict in the cyber nurse world. Your career may depend on it. Stay tuned!
One Response to “Social Media May Impact Nurse Jobs Search More than You Think”
Leave a Reply
- 2009 nursing jobs
- Allied Health Careers
- Allied Healthcare Careers
- Allied Healthcare Jobs
- Ask Kristin a Question
- Bonus Program
- flu shot
- Haiti Relief
- Health Causes
- Health Tips
- Healthcare employers
- Healthcare Industry Trends
- Housing Tips
- How To tips
- Job RSS Feeds
- Medical Technology
- Mobile Job Alert
- National Nurse Week
- Nurse Career
- Nurse Certifications
- Nurse Interview
- Nursing Career
- Occupational Therapist Career
- Oncology Nurse
- Ongoing Education
- Physical Therapist Career
- Press Releases
- PT Education
- Registered Nurse
- Retirement Savings
- Social Media
- The Joint Commission
- Therapy Jobs
- Travel Nurse Documentation
- Travel nurse job benefits
- Travel Nurse Job Locations
- Travel Nurse Job Postings
- Travel Nurse Jobs
- Travel Nurse Life
- Travel Nurse Tips
- Travel Nursing
- Travel Therapists
- Travel Therapy Jobs
- Traveling PTs
- Traveling with Family
- traveling with pets
- Travelling Nurses
- Veterans Day
- Ask Kristin a Question….
- Case Management Jobs Are Trend...
- Top 10 Travel Nurse Destinatio...
- Nursing Tests Coming to a Hosp...
- Nurse-patient minimums save li...
- How do we know travel nurse jo...
- Top Five “Don’ts...
- Are you a Travel Nurse looking...
- New High – Tech Hospital...
- Crystal Blue Persuasion: How T...
- Travel Nursing Jobs are a Vita...
- CNOs Take the Lead on Sweeping...
- Getting Your Travel Nursing Do...
- Are you a Travel Nurse or Ther...
- On-Site Flu Shot Clinic a Huge...
- Travel Nurses are Raising Awar...
- Dirty Scrub Solutions for Nurs...
- U.S. News & World Report R...
- The National Rehabilitation Aw...
- On This Special Day for Neonat...
- In Honor of Labor Day, Thank a...
- How S.M.A.R.T. Nurses Determin...