Legislation Aims to Help Physical Therapists Pay Back High Cost of Education Loans
In June almost 1,000 physical therapists met on Capitol Hill to lobby in favor of legislation that advances the profession. They were lobbying in support of the Physical Therapist Student Loan Repayment Eligibility Act of 2011, which would make physical therapists eligible for repayment of their student loans under the National Health Service Corps (NHSC) Loan Repayment Program. The bill forgives up to $30,000 in student loans per year, for a maximum of 2 years, in exchange for service in a disadvantaged area.
The Loan Repayment Act provides incentive for physical therapists to practice in certain rural and urban communities, chiefly by easing the educational debts of physical therapists. The hope is that some of these therapists may continue to practice in these locations, once their NHSC service is complete.
How to Speak Out
You can track the status of this bill here. If you would like to weigh in on this legislation (H.R. 1426/S. 975), you can email your Congressional representatives directly or through the APTA’s Legislative Action Center .
Travel Therapy Jobs – Managing Educational Expenses
Some physical therapy grads have looked to traveling therapy jobs to address their educational costs. Travel assignments offer superior compensation and benefits – plus bonuses go even further to improve the financial picture. Travel therapy jobs are also a great way to try out different practice settings — PT’s can choose short and long-term rehab therapy assignments in big cities or small towns, in independent clinics or large hospitals. Contact a consultant today, and start exploring your options.
2 Responses to “PT’s Lobby for Student Loan Repayment Bill”
Leave a Reply
- 2009 nursing jobs
- Allied Health Careers
- Allied Healthcare Careers
- Allied Healthcare Jobs
- Ask Kristin a Question
- Bonus Program
- flu shot
- Haiti Relief
- Health Causes
- Health Tips
- Healthcare employers
- Healthcare Industry Trends
- Housing Tips
- How To tips
- Job RSS Feeds
- Medical Technology
- Mobile Job Alert
- National Nurse Week
- Nurse Career
- Nurse Certifications
- Nurse Interview
- Nursing Career
- Occupational Therapist Career
- Oncology Nurse
- Ongoing Education
- Physical Therapist Career
- Press Releases
- PT Education
- Registered Nurse
- Retirement Savings
- Social Media
- The Joint Commission
- Therapy Jobs
- Travel Nurse Documentation
- Travel nurse job benefits
- Travel Nurse Job Locations
- Travel Nurse Job Postings
- Travel Nurse Jobs
- Travel Nurse Life
- Travel Nurse Tips
- Travel Nursing
- Travel Therapists
- Travel Therapy Jobs
- Traveling PTs
- Traveling with Family
- traveling with pets
- Travelling Nurses
- Veterans Day
- Ask Kristin a Question….
- Case Management Jobs Are Trend...
- Top 10 Travel Nurse Destinatio...
- Nursing Tests Coming to a Hosp...
- Nurse-patient minimums save li...
- How do we know travel nurse jo...
- Top Five “Don’ts...
- Are you a Travel Nurse looking...
- New High – Tech Hospital...
- Crystal Blue Persuasion: How T...
- The Pros and Cons of Newer, Fa...
- Many Hospitals Are “Going Gr...
- Hospital Employers Recognize R...
- Four Traveling Healthcare Prof...
- Millions of R.N.s Will Wear Re...
- Recruitment Competition for Re...
- Travel Nurses will Enjoy the B...
- Travel Nursing Jobs are a Vita...
- CNOs Take the Lead on Sweeping...
- Getting Your Travel Nursing Do...
- Are you a Travel Nurse or Ther...
- On-Site Flu Shot Clinic a Huge...