Find Out Why People Are Excited!
For PTs, National Physical Therapy Month—an event celebrated every October—makes Fall a stand-out season in healthcare, with reminders of how important maintaining our physical strength, mobility and, ultimately, our independence is in a life well lived. With over 33,000 DPT graduates in 2010 and more graduating from accredited schools each year, physical therapists are well poised to become top earners in a field Time Magazine calls the sixth most recession proof career in the country!
Now in full swing, National Physical Therapy Month is touting its considerable benefits on the APTA site, with statistics and talking points designed for the media, public and the physical therapists who deliver a healthier alternative to surgery and medication; it’s a message that resonates with millions. In fact, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics is predicting a sharp 27% increase in physical therapy careers between now and 2016.
This Year’s NPTM Theme Inspires Physical Therapists to Get Moving!
A theme of sports injury prevention across the lifespan has inspired PTs across the nation to get moving, promoting physical therapy’s benefits in the lobbies of hospitals, out-patient centers and therapy clinics from coast to coast. Now is as good a time as any to remind both existing and potential patients of the reported 88% who reduced their pain and greatly improved function, thanks to one-on-one with a physical therapist.
Physical therapy patients present with a diverse range in medical histories, from severe to minor injuries, to chronic illnesses like Lupus—that why it’s heartening to see PTs working towards the Vision 2020 goal of obtaining doctorates by the year 2020, as well as achieving certification in one of the 8 physical therapy certifications that aim to solve every patient problem, no matter how unique.
Start a Physical Therapy Career with American Traveler, a Leader in Allied Healthcare!
Apply online or call 1-800-884-8788 today for physical therapy jobs in all 50 U.S. states, and a chance to make up to six figures with the benefits, free private housing, referral and sign-on bonuses available through a leading staffing agency with over 25 years experience.
Take the time this autumn to revel in the crispness of changing leaves and physical therapy careers destined for more greatness in the coming New Year. Spread the word about the importance of physical therapy in your workplace each and every month. We look forward to hearing from you!
Leave a Reply
- 2009 nursing jobs
- Allied Health Careers
- Allied Healthcare Careers
- Allied Healthcare Jobs
- Ask Kristin a Question
- Bonus Program
- flu shot
- Haiti Relief
- Health Causes
- Health Tips
- Healthcare employers
- Healthcare Industry Trends
- Housing Tips
- How To tips
- Job RSS Feeds
- Medical Technology
- Mobile Job Alert
- National Nurse Week
- Nurse Career
- Nurse Certifications
- Nurse Interview
- Nursing Career
- Occupational Therapist Career
- Oncology Nurse
- Ongoing Education
- Physical Therapist Career
- Press Releases
- PT Education
- Registered Nurse
- Retirement Savings
- Social Media
- The Joint Commission
- Therapy Jobs
- Travel Nurse Documentation
- Travel nurse job benefits
- Travel Nurse Job Locations
- Travel Nurse Job Postings
- Travel Nurse Jobs
- Travel Nurse Life
- Travel Nurse Tips
- Travel Nursing
- Travel Therapists
- Travel Therapy Jobs
- Traveling PTs
- Traveling with Family
- traveling with pets
- Travelling Nurses
- Veterans Day
- Ask Kristin a Question….
- Case Management Jobs Are Trend...
- Top 10 Travel Nurse Destinatio...
- Nursing Tests Coming to a Hosp...
- Nurse-patient minimums save li...
- How do we know travel nurse jo...
- Top Five “Don’ts...
- Are you a Travel Nurse looking...
- New High – Tech Hospital...
- Crystal Blue Persuasion: How T...
- Travel Nursing Jobs are a Vita...
- CNOs Take the Lead on Sweeping...
- Getting Your Travel Nursing Do...
- Are you a Travel Nurse or Ther...
- On-Site Flu Shot Clinic a Huge...
- Travel Nurses are Raising Awar...
- Dirty Scrub Solutions for Nurs...
- U.S. News & World Report R...
- The National Rehabilitation Aw...
- On This Special Day for Neonat...
- In Honor of Labor Day, Thank a...
- How S.M.A.R.T. Nurses Determin...