This post was written by American Traveler Staffing Professionals
To limit liabilities associated with under-qualified nurses, American Traveler takes diligent steps to ensure all RN traveling nurses placed by the agency meet or exceed the level of competence expected by clients. Clinical testing and evaluations, reference verifications and performance tracking are just a few ways the nurse staffing company achieves client satisfaction contract after nurse contract.
“Our Joint Commission Surveyor confirmed that our registered nurse staffing processes ensure competence,” said Clinical Account Manager Deborah Bacurin, RN. “Moreover, our nurses continue to earn kudos among client facilities for promptness, professionalism and job knowledge.”
Medication errors by nurses – or incidents where bedside care suffered because an RN didn’t follow hospital protocol – rock the healthcare staffing world. They remind hospital administrators and nurse staffing agencies alike of the important role nurse competency testing plays in patient safety. It’s in this light that American Traveler goes to great lengths to provide competent nurses with proven track records of quality patient care.
“I’m proud to say our larger healthcare providers have been with us for years because we continue to provide them with highly competent nurses who watch out for the best interest of their patients. In our house, we tell nurse job candidates that patient safety is number one and nothing trumps it.”
Exclusive of malpractice and litigation costs lapses in clinical judgment by nurses can cost hospitals up to $5 million or more per event. In some cases, this doesn’t include the cost of injuries to patients. Also at risk could be millions in Medicare funding.
Call American Traveler at 1-800-884-8788 to learn more about our travel nurses and how we work in conjunction with healthcare providers to retain high levels of patient safety and satisfaction.
2 Responses to “Competent Travel Nurses Paramount to Patient Safety”
Leave a Reply
- 2009 nursing jobs
- Allied Health Careers
- Allied Healthcare Careers
- Allied Healthcare Jobs
- Ask Kristin a Question
- Bonus Program
- flu shot
- Haiti Relief
- Health Causes
- Health Tips
- Healthcare employers
- Healthcare Industry Trends
- Housing Tips
- How To tips
- Job RSS Feeds
- Medical Technology
- Mobile Job Alert
- National Nurse Week
- Nurse Career
- Nurse Certifications
- Nurse Interview
- Nursing Career
- Occupational Therapist Career
- Oncology Nurse
- Ongoing Education
- Physical Therapist Career
- Press Releases
- PT Education
- Registered Nurse
- Retirement Savings
- Social Media
- The Joint Commission
- Therapy Jobs
- Travel Nurse Documentation
- Travel nurse job benefits
- Travel Nurse Job Locations
- Travel Nurse Job Postings
- Travel Nurse Jobs
- Travel Nurse Life
- Travel Nurse Tips
- Travel Nursing
- Travel Therapists
- Travel Therapy Jobs
- Traveling PTs
- Traveling with Family
- traveling with pets
- Travelling Nurses
- Veterans Day
- Ask Kristin a Question….
- Case Management Jobs Are Trend...
- Top 10 Travel Nurse Destinatio...
- Nursing Tests Coming to a Hosp...
- Nurse-patient minimums save li...
- How do we know travel nurse jo...
- Top Five “Don’ts...
- Are you a Travel Nurse looking...
- New High – Tech Hospital...
- Crystal Blue Persuasion: How T...
- The Pros and Cons of Newer, Fa...
- Many Hospitals Are “Going Gr...
- Hospital Employers Recognize R...
- Four Traveling Healthcare Prof...
- Millions of R.N.s Will Wear Re...
- Recruitment Competition for Re...
- Travel Nurses will Enjoy the B...
- Travel Nursing Jobs are a Vita...
- CNOs Take the Lead on Sweeping...
- Getting Your Travel Nursing Do...
- Are you a Travel Nurse or Ther...
- On-Site Flu Shot Clinic a Huge...