If you want to practice in the state of Colorado – You need to and act on this important information prior to April 1st
Colorado is now one of about six U.S. states requiring the registration and licensing of surgical technologists and surgical assistants. The new law, effective April 1, 2011, will help ensure hospitals and surgery centers do not inadvertently hire surgical technologists with a criminal background or with a history of jeopardizing patient safety. Additionally, the legislation will allow employers to share information with other potential healthcare employers concerning impaired work function, drug diversion, patient abuse and violent crimes.
The legislation is significant, said State Representatives Debbie Benefield and Sara Gagliardi, drafters of the new law.
“Our bill will require surgical technicians to be registered with the state before working with patients. Employers must verify with the state that a prospective employee’s [surgical technologists and technicians, surg assistants] registration is in good standing before he/she can start working in an operating room. Additionally, if a surgical technologist or assistant is fired or disciplined, the employer must report this information to the state within two weeks,” lawmakers told DenverPost.com when drafting their bill.
If you have questions regarding Colorado’s new law requiring surgical technologists, technicians and surgical assistants to register for jobs in the state, click FAQs for Colorado Surgical Technician Jobs licensing.
Colorado Licensee, Applicant Services, and FAQs
Surgical Technologist Jobs in Colorado
Search and apply for Surgical Technologist Jobs in Colorado
American Traveler is proud to staff rewarding surgical technologist jobs in hospitals, outpatient care centers and clinics in all 50 U.S. States—don’t miss your chance to be more than just a spectator in this upward trend for healthcare workers across the board. Call 1-800-884-8788 or apply online today for the perfect springboard to launch your nursing career!
Related Blog - List of Documents for Travel Nurse Jobs
Leave a Reply
- 2009 nursing jobs
- Allied Health Careers
- Allied Healthcare Careers
- Allied Healthcare Jobs
- Ask Kristin a Question
- Bonus Program
- flu shot
- Haiti Relief
- Health Causes
- Health Tips
- Healthcare employers
- Healthcare Industry Trends
- Housing Tips
- How To tips
- Job RSS Feeds
- Medical Technology
- Mobile Job Alert
- National Nurse Week
- Nurse Career
- Nurse Certifications
- Nurse Interview
- Nursing Career
- Occupational Therapist Career
- Oncology Nurse
- Ongoing Education
- Physical Therapist Career
- Press Releases
- PT Education
- Registered Nurse
- Retirement Savings
- Social Media
- The Joint Commission
- Therapy Jobs
- Travel Nurse Documentation
- Travel nurse job benefits
- Travel Nurse Job Locations
- Travel Nurse Job Postings
- Travel Nurse Jobs
- Travel Nurse Life
- Travel Nurse Tips
- Travel Nursing
- Travel Therapists
- Travel Therapy Jobs
- Traveling PTs
- Traveling with Family
- traveling with pets
- Travelling Nurses
- Veterans Day
- Ask Kristin a Question….
- Case Management Jobs Are Trend...
- Top 10 Travel Nurse Destinatio...
- Nursing Tests Coming to a Hosp...
- Nurse-patient minimums save li...
- How do we know travel nurse jo...
- Top Five “Don’ts...
- Are you a Travel Nurse looking...
- New High – Tech Hospital...
- Crystal Blue Persuasion: How T...
- The Pros and Cons of Newer, Fa...
- Many Hospitals Are “Going Gr...
- Hospital Employers Recognize R...
- Four Traveling Healthcare Prof...
- Millions of R.N.s Will Wear Re...
- Recruitment Competition for Re...
- Travel Nurses will Enjoy the B...
- Travel Nursing Jobs are a Vita...
- CNOs Take the Lead on Sweeping...
- Getting Your Travel Nursing Do...
- Are you a Travel Nurse or Ther...
- On-Site Flu Shot Clinic a Huge...