This post was written by American Traveler Staffing Professionals
If you missed Part 1 of my blog, please click here before you read Part 2 below.
My time on the farm has helped me to see that there are very few material things that make me happy, but having balance in my life creates an enormous amount of joy. I look at everything as an exchange of energy. A week or two of work affords me a month on the farm. I forgo expensive vacations because instead I spend months in my hammock, overlooking picturesque mountain views on the farm. The job flexibility allows me to spend quality time with my family in Ohio. And my time off lets my creative juices flow. I sold my cows and now have an organic coffee plantation. I am also holding retreats in Ecuador to show others how to cultivate joy inside, find balance in their lives, and go for their dreams.
Now I know some of you may be thinking, “Sure she can do it, but I have children, a husband, a house… I need medical insurance etc.” You don’t have to move to a Third World Country, but traveling can allow you to pursue your own dream……..a trip to Europe, an African Safari, two months off a year with your kids, extra time to do art work if you are an artist, or write if you are a writer. It is all there for the taking, you just need to make the choice. What are you passionate about? What makes you feel alive? Dig deep to figure that out then start by making decisions in your life to align yourself with those passions.
When I am in the States, I take the time to do the same things that fill me up in Ecuador………time outdoors, time to listen to my music, time for reading and writing. Of course time is more limited, but I make decisions to cut out the things I don’t need. I’ve mostly kicked the television habit which frees up hours a day. I spend less time on the computer. Where is it that you can find more time in your life? Can you get a babysitter once a week to have “you” time because in the long run it will make you a better parent? Delegate one thing in your life you hate doing, and do something fun. You just need to get creative because you are worth it. It does wonders to balance the busy, hectic lives we lead. And it is so important, in this very short life of ours, to know what we love and to incorporate it into our everyday lives.
Travel Therapy has been a blessing and I am forever grateful to American Traveler Staffing and my recruiter Kimberly because without them, the life I love wouldn’t be possible.
View details of the Above the Clouds retreats.
One Response to “The Road to a Better Life through my Physical Therapist Career – Part 2”
Leave a Reply
- 2009 nursing jobs
- Allied Health Careers
- Allied Healthcare Careers
- Allied Healthcare Jobs
- Ask Kristin a Question
- Bonus Program
- flu shot
- Haiti Relief
- Health Causes
- Health Tips
- Healthcare employers
- Healthcare Industry Trends
- Housing Tips
- How To tips
- Job RSS Feeds
- Medical Technology
- Mobile Job Alert
- National Nurse Week
- Nurse Career
- Nurse Certifications
- Nurse Interview
- Nursing Career
- Occupational Therapist Career
- Oncology Nurse
- Ongoing Education
- Physical Therapist Career
- Press Releases
- PT Education
- Registered Nurse
- Retirement Savings
- Social Media
- The Joint Commission
- Therapy Jobs
- Travel Nurse Documentation
- Travel nurse job benefits
- Travel Nurse Job Locations
- Travel Nurse Job Postings
- Travel Nurse Jobs
- Travel Nurse Life
- Travel Nurse Tips
- Travel Nursing
- Travel Therapists
- Travel Therapy Jobs
- Traveling PTs
- Traveling with Family
- traveling with pets
- Travelling Nurses
- Veterans Day
- Ask Kristin a Question….
- Case Management Jobs Are Trend...
- Top 10 Travel Nurse Destinatio...
- Nursing Tests Coming to a Hosp...
- Nurse-patient minimums save li...
- How do we know travel nurse jo...
- Top Five “Don’ts...
- Are you a Travel Nurse looking...
- New High – Tech Hospital...
- Crystal Blue Persuasion: How T...
- The Pros and Cons of Newer, Fa...
- Many Hospitals Are “Going Gr...
- Hospital Employers Recognize R...
- Four Traveling Healthcare Prof...
- Millions of R.N.s Will Wear Re...
- Recruitment Competition for Re...
- Travel Nurses will Enjoy the B...
- Travel Nursing Jobs are a Vita...
- CNOs Take the Lead on Sweeping...
- Getting Your Travel Nursing Do...
- Are you a Travel Nurse or Ther...
- On-Site Flu Shot Clinic a Huge...