This post was written by American Traveler Staffing Professionals
Travel Nurses Connect with the Resources You Need, Here!
Since the success of registered nurses’ continuing education hinges on razor sharp critical thinking, it’s important to sharpen the blades from time to time by keeping up with your continuing education credits; free and unlimited at American Traveler, CEU courses are designed for busy schedules and easy to accumulate during any nursing assignment. You can print your completion certificate at home!
Continuing Education is an important part of travel nursing job benefits; beyond the free health and life insurance, cost-free private housing and help meeting travel associated costs, registered nurses with CE Direct Membership are eligible to receive one complimentary credit when they view a webinar and fill out an evaluation report. If you’re a healthcare professional interested in building critical thinking skills that—for recent hires in great registered nurse jobs —boost PBDS nursing test scores, a visit to eventbrite.com lets you view and register for upcoming webinars.
What is the PBDS Nursing Test?
The PBDS nursing test is the Performance Based Development System. Learn what nurses can expect from this test, now implemented in over 500 US hospitals nationwide.
Read more about the PBDS test and download the PBDS Study Guide
The PBDS nursing test:
- All assessment components require the employee to critically think – multiple choice are NOT used
- Tests on general clinical knowledge and medication administration
- Compares individual responses to criteria and performance standards developed by the hospital.
- Evaluates critical thinking abilities
- Evaluates Interpersonal communication skills
- Evaluates technical skills
In registered nurse jobs, the road to optimal achievement is paved with the intention of using critical thinking to get the results you need. “Critical thinking is the difference between success and failure,” says American Traveler’s Nurse Coordinator, Debbie Bacurin, R.N. “Working smart as well as hard leads to better career fulfillment and healthier patients.”
Reasons successful registered nurses are solid critical thinkers:
- Healthcare today isn’t what it once was and continues to change.
- New ways of doing things sometimes create new problems, unsolvable by old methods
- Patients’ conditions are growing more complex in nature and in treatment
- There’s more consumer involvement from patients and their families.
- Registered nurse jobs take place in diverse settings, i.e. float assignments.
- Health IT is rapidly changing, requiring use of high-tech technology as part of registered nurse jobs.
- Consumers of healthcare demand to see efficiency and results for the money they spend.
- Redesigning healthcare to meet patients’ expectations cannot be done without critical thinking.
- Critical thinking skills help nurses deal with the realities of registered nurse jobs.
Save a date in your future for a webinar, the ultra-convenient way to earn a nursing CEU!
Nursing CEUs are with American Traveler are unlimited, and free CEU courses that satisfy State Board of Nursing Requirements—but more importantly they will satisfy YOU! Get in touch with a staffing expert at American Traveler today—call us 800-884-8788 at or apply online!
One Response to “Grow Your Critical Thinking Skills, Improve PBDS Nursing Test Scores and Rack up Continuing Education Credits!”
Leave a Reply
- 2009 nursing jobs
- Allied Health Careers
- Allied Healthcare Careers
- Allied Healthcare Jobs
- Ask Kristin a Question
- Bonus Program
- flu shot
- Haiti Relief
- Health Causes
- Health Tips
- Healthcare employers
- Healthcare Industry Trends
- Housing Tips
- How To tips
- Job RSS Feeds
- Medical Technology
- Mobile Job Alert
- National Nurse Week
- Nurse Career
- Nurse Certifications
- Nurse Interview
- Nursing Career
- Occupational Therapist Career
- Oncology Nurse
- Ongoing Education
- Physical Therapist Career
- Press Releases
- PT Education
- Registered Nurse
- Retirement Savings
- Social Media
- The Joint Commission
- Therapy Jobs
- Travel Nurse Documentation
- Travel nurse job benefits
- Travel Nurse Job Locations
- Travel Nurse Job Postings
- Travel Nurse Jobs
- Travel Nurse Life
- Travel Nurse Tips
- Travel Nursing
- Travel Therapists
- Travel Therapy Jobs
- Traveling PTs
- Traveling with Family
- traveling with pets
- Travelling Nurses
- Veterans Day
- Ask Kristin a Question….
- Case Management Jobs Are Trend...
- Top 10 Travel Nurse Destinatio...
- Nursing Tests Coming to a Hosp...
- Nurse-patient minimums save li...
- How do we know travel nurse jo...
- Top Five “Don’ts...
- Are you a Travel Nurse looking...
- New High – Tech Hospital...
- Crystal Blue Persuasion: How T...
- The Pros and Cons of Newer, Fa...
- Many Hospitals Are “Going Gr...
- Hospital Employers Recognize R...
- Four Traveling Healthcare Prof...
- Millions of R.N.s Will Wear Re...
- Recruitment Competition for Re...
- Travel Nurses will Enjoy the B...
- Travel Nursing Jobs are a Vita...
- CNOs Take the Lead on Sweeping...
- Getting Your Travel Nursing Do...
- Are you a Travel Nurse or Ther...
- On-Site Flu Shot Clinic a Huge...