This post was written by American Traveler Staffing Professionals
Find Out What Happens When They Come to Your Hospital
What will nursing education look like in the future? Beginning this fall, The National Simulation Study (NSS) aims to find out. Researchers and volunteer participants spanning 10 different U.S. schools are familiarizing nursing students with SimMan, METIman, and Noelle with Newborn Hal; not actors but high-fidelity mannequins, with chests that rise and fall. Studies find that many nursing students prefer this to the traditional clinical experience of live patients. Just click on the Meet the Sims link to read more about why they appeal to faculty and students alike.
In Sim settings, nursing students make decisions and see the results without posing risk to a living person, as well as better predict how the patient will respond to care. The NSS study also revealed that Sim patients allow students to fully take on the role of a nurse, and that faculty like the option of role playing a doctor—or even a member of the patient’s family.
If you’re in med/surg nursing jobs you may know why simulation training is catching on like this. Using a med/surg environment as a clinical training site is a challenge, as the number of nursing students the faculty supervise impede the ideal clinical experience; it’s much the same in pediatric units where more nursing students continue to receive Sim training to eliminate risk. With all its advantages, hospital employers predict that simulation training is here to stay.
Video – NCSBN National Simulation Study Overview
American Traveler Reports the Latest Healthcare Trends, Offers Superior R.N. Jobs
Nursing students in the NSS study are evaluated for clinical competency and judgment, better preparing them for the PBDS test most healthcare employers give upon hire. Click here to read more about this important nursing test. Know that we report on trends, gadgets and technologies that are improving hospitals nationwide, like the mobile vans that will travel to schools and hospitals offering simulation training, and centers. It’s the shape of things to come in nursing education. You heard it here first!
A premier staffing agency, we welcome registered nurses with a minimum of 12 months acute care clinical experience, and urge you to learn more by liking us on Facebook. Remember that once you fill out an online application, it’s easy to return and update your skills in our database. Before you know it, a recruiter will be calling with travel nurse job opportunities from coast to coast. It’s a chance to reap the rewards of referral bonuses, as well as free private housing and other amazing benefits. Who needs Sim City when you could be working in the real life city of your dreams? Call 1-800-884-8788 or apply online today!
Leave a Reply
- 2009 nursing jobs
- Allied Health Careers
- Allied Healthcare Careers
- Allied Healthcare Jobs
- Ask Kristin a Question
- Bonus Program
- flu shot
- Haiti Relief
- Health Causes
- Health Tips
- Healthcare employers
- Healthcare Industry Trends
- Housing Tips
- How To tips
- Job RSS Feeds
- Medical Technology
- Mobile Job Alert
- National Nurse Week
- Nurse Career
- Nurse Certifications
- Nurse Interview
- Nursing Career
- Occupational Therapist Career
- Oncology Nurse
- Ongoing Education
- Physical Therapist Career
- Press Releases
- PT Education
- Registered Nurse
- Retirement Savings
- Social Media
- The Joint Commission
- Therapy Jobs
- Travel Nurse Documentation
- Travel nurse job benefits
- Travel Nurse Job Locations
- Travel Nurse Job Postings
- Travel Nurse Jobs
- Travel Nurse Life
- Travel Nurse Tips
- Travel Nursing
- Travel Therapists
- Travel Therapy Jobs
- Traveling PTs
- Traveling with Family
- traveling with pets
- Travelling Nurses
- Veterans Day
- Ask Kristin a Question….
- Case Management Jobs Are Trend...
- Top 10 Travel Nurse Destinatio...
- Nursing Tests Coming to a Hosp...
- Nurse-patient minimums save li...
- How do we know travel nurse jo...
- Top Five “Don’ts...
- Are you a Travel Nurse looking...
- New High – Tech Hospital...
- Crystal Blue Persuasion: How T...
- The Pros and Cons of Newer, Fa...
- Many Hospitals Are “Going Gr...
- Hospital Employers Recognize R...
- Four Traveling Healthcare Prof...
- Millions of R.N.s Will Wear Re...
- Recruitment Competition for Re...
- Travel Nurses will Enjoy the B...
- Travel Nursing Jobs are a Vita...
- CNOs Take the Lead on Sweeping...
- Getting Your Travel Nursing Do...
- Are you a Travel Nurse or Ther...
- On-Site Flu Shot Clinic a Huge...