This post was written by American Traveler Staffing Professionals
Healthcare workers rank near the top when it comes to job satisfaction, according to a recent study. U.S. Healthcare professionals rank third in overall job satisfaction trailing only engineering and finance employees.
Healthcare Professionals Confident about Job Security
Additionally, healthcare workers are among the most optimistic of job seekers with 81% being confident in finding a job within a 12-month period. Healthcare jobs with the highest demand include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists, medical assistants, and home health aides.
Healthcare Job Market Statistics
Further, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the outlook for healthcare jobs is solid through to the year 2020.
From 2010 to 2020, the BLS estimates that demand for:
- Physical therapist jobs will increase 39 percent.
- Registered nurse jobs will increase 26 percent.
- Pharmacist jobs will increase 25 percent.
- Licensed practical nurse jobs will increase 22 percent.
- Medical assistant jobs will increase 31 percent.
Healthcare Wages a Concern
Although the demand for healthcare jobs is on a rising trajectory, compensation does not appear to be following suit due to cost-cutting/containment measures. The survey found that 80% of healthcare professionals are not expecting significant wage increases from their employer in the foreseeable future.
Average Healthcare Salaries
Median salaries for some common healthcare jobs include:
- Pharmacist: $113,390
- Physical therapist: $78,270
- Registered nurse: $65,950
- Licensed practical nurse: $41,150
- Medical assistant: $29,100
Travel Healthcare Jobs Can Result in Higher Compensation
Travel nurses and travel therapists typically earn higher wages and when included with employee benefits and bonuses, such as free housing and health insurance, total compensation can exceed $100,000 a year!
At American Traveler, travel nurses and travel therapists receive lucrative salaries combined with a comprehensive benefits package. You’ll enjoy traveling to new destinations, working in some of the best teaching hospitals, and all while living in free accommodations.
Healthcare professionals concerned with static compensation can boost their income, their education, and level of experience through travel nursing and allied health jobs.
American Traveler is a leading traveling nurse company composed of experts with over 25 years of nursing & allied health placement experience. Our clients always receive unparalleled customer service and the Ultimate Healthcare Travel Job experience.
To find out how you can tap into lucrative nursing and allied health jobs simply fill in an online application or contact us at 1-800-884-8788 today.
Leave a Reply
- 2009 nursing jobs
- Allied Health Careers
- Allied Healthcare Careers
- Allied Healthcare Jobs
- Ask Kristin a Question
- Bonus Program
- flu shot
- Haiti Relief
- Health Causes
- Health Tips
- Healthcare employers
- Healthcare Industry Trends
- Housing Tips
- How To tips
- Job RSS Feeds
- Medical Technology
- Mobile Job Alert
- National Nurse Week
- Nurse Career
- Nurse Certifications
- Nurse Interview
- Nursing Career
- Occupational Therapist Career
- Oncology Nurse
- Ongoing Education
- Physical Therapist Career
- Press Releases
- PT Education
- Registered Nurse
- Retirement Savings
- Social Media
- The Joint Commission
- Therapy Jobs
- Travel Nurse Documentation
- Travel nurse job benefits
- Travel Nurse Job Locations
- Travel Nurse Job Postings
- Travel Nurse Jobs
- Travel Nurse Life
- Travel Nurse Tips
- Travel Nursing
- Travel Therapists
- Travel Therapy Jobs
- Traveling PTs
- Traveling with Family
- traveling with pets
- Travelling Nurses
- Veterans Day
- Ask Kristin a Question….
- Case Management Jobs Are Trend...
- Top 10 Travel Nurse Destinatio...
- Nursing Tests Coming to a Hosp...
- Nurse-patient minimums save li...
- How do we know travel nurse jo...
- Top Five “Don’ts...
- Are you a Travel Nurse looking...
- New High – Tech Hospital...
- Crystal Blue Persuasion: How T...
- The Pros and Cons of Newer, Fa...
- Many Hospitals Are “Going Gr...
- Hospital Employers Recognize R...
- Four Traveling Healthcare Prof...
- Millions of R.N.s Will Wear Re...
- Recruitment Competition for Re...
- Travel Nurses will Enjoy the B...
- Travel Nursing Jobs are a Vita...
- CNOs Take the Lead on Sweeping...
- Getting Your Travel Nursing Do...
- Are you a Travel Nurse or Ther...
- On-Site Flu Shot Clinic a Huge...