National Nurses Week, beginning May 6th and celebrated through May 12th on Florence Nightingale’s birthday, is a long celebrated tradition, wherein all of us—from healthcare professionals to patients and their families—take the time to stop and show our hard working R.N.s our due appreciation. Throughout that week, nurses of every stripe are honored, from those still in training and recognized on May 8, National Student Nurses Day, to travel nurses and their R.N. colleagues who take the spotlight on International Nurses Day, May 12th.
For generations, The American Nurses Association (ANA) has supported and encouraged recognition programs for Nurses Week that embody Florence Nightingale’s pledge; in honor of the travel nurses on staff at American Traveler, we would like to expound on Florence’s words and commend our R.N.s for practicing their profession so faithfully and elevating its standards. Whether they work in hospitals, clinics or rehab facilities, R.N.s in our travel nurse jobs are devoted to the welfare of patients who rely on them nationwide.
Let’s Get Visible: Ideas for Celebrating National Nurses Week
Thanks to ANA and word of mouth, registered nurses, colleagues, friends and patients know just how to celebrate National Nurses Week this May. Travel nurses are encouraged to get involved at the state level, where they hold a nursing license, and may visit the State nursing boards in any of the 50 U.S. states where travel nurse jobs have taken them far. All working registered nurses are more visible when they wear an “RN Pin” or nurse’s uniform during National Nurses Week. The official “RN Pin” is available by calling 1-800-445-0445. For more ideas like these, our travel nurses can visit the ANA site and read up on celebrating National Nurses Week.
“Nurses Trusted to Care,” Resonates as the 2011 Theme
With over 3 million registered nurses living in the United States, it’s not surprising the Bureau of Labor Statistics claims R.N.s as a top ranking occupation, with the largest projected job growth through next year. Beyond 2012, employment trends indicate as many as 1 million registered nurses may retire, creating a shortage that makes travel nurse jobs and other critical professions on the healthcare landscape more competitive and attractive than ever.
Read about Travel nurse jobs growth
As a premier travel nurse agency, it is our pleasure to offer qualified travel nurses the chance to share their clinical nursing skills in opportunities spanning all 50 U.S. States! Call 1-800-884-8788 or apply online today! Now, more than ever, is your chance to drive change and shape the health care system of the future!
One Response to “National Nurses Week – Nurses Among the 3.1 Million R.N.s Trusted to Care”
Leave a Reply
- 2009 nursing jobs
- Allied Health Careers
- Allied Healthcare Careers
- Allied Healthcare Jobs
- Ask Kristin a Question
- Bonus Program
- flu shot
- Haiti Relief
- Health Causes
- Health Tips
- Healthcare employers
- Healthcare Industry Trends
- Housing Tips
- How To tips
- Job RSS Feeds
- Medical Technology
- Mobile Job Alert
- National Nurse Week
- Nurse Career
- Nurse Certifications
- Nurse Interview
- Nursing Career
- Occupational Therapist Career
- Oncology Nurse
- Ongoing Education
- Physical Therapist Career
- Press Releases
- PT Education
- Registered Nurse
- Retirement Savings
- Social Media
- The Joint Commission
- Therapy Jobs
- Travel Nurse Documentation
- Travel nurse job benefits
- Travel Nurse Job Locations
- Travel Nurse Job Postings
- Travel Nurse Jobs
- Travel Nurse Life
- Travel Nurse Tips
- Travel Nursing
- Travel Therapists
- Travel Therapy Jobs
- Traveling PTs
- Traveling with Family
- traveling with pets
- Travelling Nurses
- Veterans Day
- Ask Kristin a Question….
- Case Management Jobs Are Trend...
- Top 10 Travel Nurse Destinatio...
- Nursing Tests Coming to a Hosp...
- Nurse-patient minimums save li...
- How do we know travel nurse jo...
- Top Five “Don’ts...
- Are you a Travel Nurse looking...
- New High – Tech Hospital...
- Crystal Blue Persuasion: How T...
- The Pros and Cons of Newer, Fa...
- Many Hospitals Are “Going Gr...
- Hospital Employers Recognize R...
- Four Traveling Healthcare Prof...
- Millions of R.N.s Will Wear Re...
- Recruitment Competition for Re...
- Travel Nurses will Enjoy the B...
- Travel Nursing Jobs are a Vita...
- CNOs Take the Lead on Sweeping...
- Getting Your Travel Nursing Do...
- Are you a Travel Nurse or Ther...
- On-Site Flu Shot Clinic a Huge...