LSUHSC School Nursing
Cornerstone of Cultural Competency During the Disaster Cycle
THERE IS NO FEE FOR THIS PROGRAM
To offer continuing education for registered nurses who possess the knowledge, understanding and judgment to minimize health hazards and life-threatening issues to vulnerable populations during the disaster cycle. The program will provide strategies addressing the four phases of a disaster to enable nurses to facilitate and work effectively as members of a team to manage both the physical and psychological impacts of disasters on vulnerable populations.
The Program is delivered through online presentations on best practices of emergency preparedness and disaster management. The program will use provider-directed live, on-line forums utilizing case studies, discussion, application and reflective journaling through the integration of education and technology in an inventive 3-D virtual format, focused on the unique needs of disaster victims.
Participants must complete the three (3) core modules and selected vulnerable population modules via taped presentations. The participant will then complete a Post-Assessment and Learner Feedback form online.
There is no fee for this program
“This project is/was supported by funds from the Division of Nursing (DN), Bureau of Health Professions (BHPr), Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) under [grant number and title for $] (specify grant number, title and total award amount). The information or content and conclusions are those of the author and should not be construed as the official position or policy of, nor should any official endorsement be inferred by, the DN, BHPr, HRSA, DHHS, or the US Government.”
Continuing Nursing Education
Participants have the opportunity to earn up to a total of 12.0 contact hours of continuing nursing education upon completion of all 12 modules in the program. The participant will earn an average of 1.0 contact hour of continuing nursing education for each module completed. Participants must complete the learning activities as well as submit post assessment (passing with 75% correct responses) and participant feedback to receive contact hours. Please allow 2-3 business working days to receive your contact hour certificate.
Disclosures: There is no conflict of interest or relevant financial interest by the faculty or planners of this activity. There is no commercial support of this activity. There is no endorsement of any product by LSUHSC School of Nursing for this activity LSUHSC School of Nursing is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Leave a Reply
- 2009 nursing jobs
- Allied Health Careers
- Allied Healthcare Careers
- Allied Healthcare Jobs
- Ask Kristin a Question
- Bonus Program
- flu shot
- Haiti Relief
- Health Causes
- Health Tips
- Healthcare employers
- Healthcare Industry Trends
- Housing Tips
- How To tips
- Job RSS Feeds
- Medical Technology
- Mobile Job Alert
- National Nurse Week
- Nurse Career
- Nurse Certifications
- Nurse Interview
- Nursing Career
- Occupational Therapist Career
- Oncology Nurse
- Ongoing Education
- Physical Therapist Career
- Press Releases
- PT Education
- Registered Nurse
- Retirement Savings
- Social Media
- The Joint Commission
- Therapy Jobs
- Travel Nurse Documentation
- Travel nurse job benefits
- Travel Nurse Job Locations
- Travel Nurse Job Postings
- Travel Nurse Jobs
- Travel Nurse Life
- Travel Nurse Tips
- Travel Nursing
- Travel Therapists
- Travel Therapy Jobs
- Traveling PTs
- Traveling with Family
- traveling with pets
- Travelling Nurses
- Veterans Day
- Ask Kristin a Question….
- Case Management Jobs Are Trend...
- Top 10 Travel Nurse Destinatio...
- Nursing Tests Coming to a Hosp...
- Nurse-patient minimums save li...
- How do we know travel nurse jo...
- Top Five “Don’ts...
- Are you a Travel Nurse looking...
- New High – Tech Hospital...
- Crystal Blue Persuasion: How T...
- Travel Nursing Jobs are a Vita...
- CNOs Take the Lead on Sweeping...
- Getting Your Travel Nursing Do...
- Are you a Travel Nurse or Ther...
- On-Site Flu Shot Clinic a Huge...
- Travel Nurses are Raising Awar...
- Dirty Scrub Solutions for Nurs...
- U.S. News & World Report R...
- The National Rehabilitation Aw...
- On This Special Day for Neonat...
- In Honor of Labor Day, Thank a...
- How S.M.A.R.T. Nurses Determin...