Find an event near you!
For Maine travel nurses, it’s a very patriotic summer indeed in the blueberry capitol of America—a wonderful place for waving red, white and blue, taking in the fireworks and statewide festivals. Here are just a few state highlights.
Start Your Fourth of July off with pancakes and fun in Bar Harbor
If you’re a travel nurse with a hankering for flapjacks and sausage, get yourself down to Bar Harbor, Maine for their 4th of July pancake breakfast and festival—an all day affair that begins at 6am and includes a full day of crafts, lobster races, seafood, fireworks and band concert. Fireworks will be shot over Frenchman Bay at 9:15 p.m. Get starting times and exact locations for all activities planned by calling 800-288-5103. You may also catch a whiff of pancakes coming from Thomaston, Maine on the 4th of July; call 207-354-8763 for more information!
Maine Fireworks and Festivals
Perhaps one of the biggest to-dos is “Heritage Days” in Bath, ME. Starting July 1st and culminating in a lovely display of 4th of July fireworks over the Bay Waterfront (9:15pm), this is one of the best places to be in New England this summer. Events include a rotary BBQ with entertainment under a gazebo, carnival and boat parade on the Kennebec River, as well as a Chili Chowder fest among some of the area’s finest restaurants. Travel nurses will want to bring their appetites and eye for fine art and crafts—there’s Art in the Park!
And for the largest Celebration in Maine?
For travel nurses near Eastport, ME, the 4th of July is all sewn up. Come out and enjoy a Grand Independence Parade, fireworks over the bay, free entertainment at Overlook Park, antique car show and more—you may even get to take a tour on a U.S. Navy ship! Visit www.eastport4th.com to plan your day.
Pops and Circumstance: Are You Working in New England Travel Nurse Jobs right now?
If the answer is yes, get ready to listen to some pops provided by a patriotic concert in Portland, Maine’s Stars and Stripes Spectacular, on July 4, 2011. Watch fireworks pop over Casco Bay, starting just after dusk. Call 207-756-8130 for more information—but, more importantly call American Traveler—with our high paying travel nurse and therapist jobs, there’s room to grow in the New England States and rest of the nation. Call 1-800-884-8788 or apply online today!
Leave a Reply
- 2009 nursing jobs
- Allied Health Careers
- Allied Healthcare Careers
- Allied Healthcare Jobs
- Ask Kristin a Question
- Bonus Program
- flu shot
- Haiti Relief
- Health Causes
- Health Tips
- Healthcare employers
- Healthcare Industry Trends
- Housing Tips
- How To tips
- Job RSS Feeds
- Medical Technology
- Mobile Job Alert
- National Nurse Week
- Nurse Career
- Nurse Certifications
- Nurse Interview
- Nursing Career
- Occupational Therapist Career
- Oncology Nurse
- Ongoing Education
- Physical Therapist Career
- Press Releases
- PT Education
- Registered Nurse
- Retirement Savings
- Social Media
- The Joint Commission
- Therapy Jobs
- Travel Nurse Documentation
- Travel nurse job benefits
- Travel Nurse Job Locations
- Travel Nurse Job Postings
- Travel Nurse Jobs
- Travel Nurse Life
- Travel Nurse Tips
- Travel Nursing
- Travel Therapists
- Travel Therapy Jobs
- Traveling PTs
- Traveling with Family
- traveling with pets
- Travelling Nurses
- Veterans Day
- Ask Kristin a Question….
- Case Management Jobs Are Trend...
- Top 10 Travel Nurse Destinatio...
- Nursing Tests Coming to a Hosp...
- Nurse-patient minimums save li...
- How do we know travel nurse jo...
- Top Five “Don’ts...
- Are you a Travel Nurse looking...
- New High – Tech Hospital...
- Crystal Blue Persuasion: How T...
- The Pros and Cons of Newer, Fa...
- Many Hospitals Are “Going Gr...
- Hospital Employers Recognize R...
- Four Traveling Healthcare Prof...
- Millions of R.N.s Will Wear Re...
- Recruitment Competition for Re...
- Travel Nurses will Enjoy the B...
- Travel Nursing Jobs are a Vita...
- CNOs Take the Lead on Sweeping...
- Getting Your Travel Nursing Do...
- Are you a Travel Nurse or Ther...
- On-Site Flu Shot Clinic a Huge...