Registered Nurse Salary, Benefits & More
Whether working as permanent staff or as travel nurses, registered nurses have their pick of well paid employment in nursing jobs across the nation. Besides highly competitive registered nurse salary edging into the six figures, additional perks include group health benefits, free private housing, free CEUs, and more for qualified nurses looking to enhance their travel nurse salary and income potential.
Average nurse salary over $70K before benefits!
According to the U.S Department of Labor and current Bureau Statistics, nursing careers are valued among the fastest growing occupations between 2008 - 2018. Pay scales reveal that average hourly rates for experienced RNs are tipping at $30.85, with annual nursing salary averaging $67,525. A travel nurse salary provides high pay and comprehensive nurse salary benefits, considering the following incentives.
Nurse Average Salary Spike Upward with Smart Incentives & Benefits
- Bonuses – job completion bonus and referral bonus; on top of the base travel nurse salary.
- Nursing Salary Protection Plus Plan - ensures full time pay in the event of shift cancellations.
- Travel Reimbursements – increases travel nurse salary by offering allowance for ground transportation or airline travel costs.
- Tax Advantage Plans - a registered nurse travel job could qualify you to receive tax free per diem pay for meals and incidentals. Take home up to 15% more!
- Free Private housing – nurse salary increases up to 40% depending on the job geographic region.
- Group Health, Dental and Life Insurance – this benefit will increase salary based on the nurse specific situation and health plan details.
All of these benefits and others will increase a nurse salary. Keep in mind that there could be a variation in nurse salary by state. Get details about a registered nurse salary through top a notch nurse agency. Contact us 1-800-884-8788 or Apply Online
Registered Nurse Salary by State
There is a variation in nurse salary by state. Find nursing jobs in every state now and use your skills and talents across the nation, where travel nurse salaries go up depending on your geography. Below is the median hourly rate for registered nurse salary by state. * PayScale statistics indicate that the following states deliver the highest annual incomes for qualified registered nurses:
- Nurse jobs in California: hourly rate range - $28.82 - $40.67
- Nurse jobs in New York: hourly rate range - $22.76 - $34.07
- Nurse jobs in Texas: hourly rate range - $22.72 - $30.79
- Nurse jobs in Illinois: hourly rate range - $22.51 - $30.27
- Nurse jobs in Pennsylvania: hourly rate range - $22.54 - $30.20
- Nurse jobs in Florida: hourly rate range - $21.77 - $29.00
- Nurse jobs in Ohio: hourly rate range - $22.01 - $27.85
Nurse Salary FAQ
Why the Nurse Salary in California is higher than Other States?
Nurses are needed in many states, as the health care industry continues to grow; the job outlook is bright for registered nurses in most locations. While demand for nurses may be equally high in many states, nurse salary by state are not always equal. According to the list above, California is ahead of many other states. In fact, the median nurse salary in California is higher than the median nurse salary in the second leading state, New York, by about $5.00/hour. To explain, the typical nurse salary in California and New York may be higher than nursing salaries in Florida, Texas and other states, but cities in California and New York also tend to have a higher cost of living. And, this is when the travel nurse salary benefits will help you increase your earnings even when you consider the differences in registered nurse salary by state.
Find California nursing jobs now!
Inflate your Registered Nurse Salary with certification in one of these areas:
Nursing career pay scales reflect higher salaries for those with certifications in:
- Critical Care
- Emergency Nursing
- Medi-surgery and Neuroscience
- Med/Surg new certification – CMSRN (Certified Medical Surgical Registered Nurse)
- Neuroscience specialty certification - NIH Stroke Scale (NIHSS) neuro patients
- ACLS certification for Medical Surgical nurses
Nursing Boards and National Nursing Organizations offer certifications to help you increase earning potential and achieve the ultimate nurse salary. Look for more nursing certification information with any of these organizations:
- The American Association of Critical Care Nurses
- The Emergency Nurses Association
- The American Association of Neuroscience Nurses
Join American Traveler and experience the ultimate Registered Nurse job!
Apply online or call to speak to one of our expert consultants at (800) 884-8788.
*The nurse salary information was taken from PayScale registered nurse salary chart.