About American Traveler Staffing Professionals
Did you know that the U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) expects the health-care industry to be the nation's biggest source of new jobs for the rest of the decade? With a total of 5.6 million new jobs to be created in the next decade, the healthcare staffing industry has become one of the hottest job markets anywhere.
American Traveler is a leading National healthcare staffing firm, placing registered nurses, allied and other healthcare professionals in hospitals on contract and permanent assignments throughout the United States. American Traveler staffs more than 80 percent of U.S. News and World Report Best Hospitals. We're one of the largest private travel nurse companies in America and employ a staff of highly-trained specialists awarded the Gold Seal of Approval™ for outstanding client support by The Joint Commission on health care staffing. We are recognized for our extensive training, career advancement opportunities, management development, and comprehensive benefits. We are expanding our organization and seeking dynamic, energetic and enthusiastic professionals to join our team.
If you are a professional who wants to work in a dynamic organization with smart, talented individuals like yourself, American Traveler will give you the opportunity to take your career to new heights. We offer a professional and enthusiastic atmosphere.
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical/Dental Health Insurance
- Paid Sick/Personal/Vacation days
- Paid Holidays
- Incentives and Bonuses
- Company matched 401(k)
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Educational Assistance
- And much more!
Boca Raton, FL
4 Year Degree
Work Experience Required:
Competitive Pay and Incentives
Job Description/ Responsibilities:
A leading healthcare staffing provider, American Traveler places healthcare professionals such as nurses and rehabilitation therapists in short and long-term job assignments throughout the US. The Credentialing Specialist works with our Sales, Accounting and Compliance Departments to make sure that all healthcare professionals' files are compliant with the requirements of the facility to which the healthcare professional is being assigned and other regulatory agencies or boards. You'll forward the compliance documentation to the healthcare facility in the manner in which they request, by the agreed-upon due date and will make sure that the documentation remains valid throughout the term of the healthcare professional's employment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Validating, classifying, filing, and distributing documents according to established policies, procedures and standards for security and document organization. Strict adherence to all HIPPA and Internet security regulations are expected at all times.
- Maintenance of all original hard copy documents.
- Accurate data entry of all received documents within our compliance software. This includes initial entry and updates as needed.
- Compiling required documents and submitting to client facility using the method indicated by that client.
- Requesting, maintaining and data entry of drug screens and background checks as required by American Traveler, client or government agencies.
- Assisting all candidates with questions and research needed in order to meet our internal requirements in addition to our client facility requirements.
- Ensuring all quality assurance files are complete.
- Participation in audits and survey by outside governing agencies.
- Completing projects as assigned by Compliance Manager.
If you are a new college graduate or working professional who wants to work in a fast-growing organization, American Traveler will give you the opportunity to take your career to to the next level.
Job Skills / Requirements:
As an entry-level professional position, this is an excellent opportunity for recent college graduates. Any previous work experience, whether as an internship or full-time employment, will further enhance your qualifications for this position.
Credentialing or documents review / compiling / auditing in
- Medical office or hospital.
- HR departments.
- Brokerage or mortgage industry.
- Insurance industry.
- Credentialing and employment verification experience preferred, familiarity with healthcare staffing documentation a real plus
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency. Strong computer skills and demonstrated ability to learn new software applications.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to tactfully answer documentation compliance questions and solve problems by phone, email or in person
- Filing, data entry, data storage
- Heavy customer contact, demonstrate strong desire to serve and assist
- High attention to detail and ability to work under deadline.
- Local South Florida candidates only. You must be eligible to work in the United States.
We provide extensive training in healthcare compliance regulations, policies and procedures ... We encourage candidates seeking career advancement and management opportunities to apply! You'll have lots of opportunities to learn and grow in your career with us. We look forward to having you join our team!
Job ID: 46