Credentialing Support Specialist
About American Traveler Staffing Professionals
Did you know that the U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) expects the health-care industry to be the nation's biggest source of new jobs for the rest of the decade? With a total of 5.6 million new jobs to be created in the next decade, the healthcare staffing industry has become one of the hottest job markets anywhere.
American Traveler is a leading National healthcare staffing firm, placing registered nurses, allied and other healthcare professionals in hospitals on contract and permanent assignments throughout the United States. American Traveler staffs more than 80 percent of U.S. News and World Report Best Hospitals. We're one of the largest private travel nurse companies in America and employ a staff of highly-trained specialists awarded the Gold Seal of Approval™ for outstanding client support by The Joint Commission on health care staffing. We are recognized for our extensive training, career advancement opportunities, management development, and comprehensive benefits. We are expanding our organization and seeking dynamic, energetic and enthusiastic professionals to join our team.
If you are a professional who wants to work in a dynamic organization with smart, talented individuals like yourself, American Traveler will give you the opportunity to take your career to new heights. We offer a professional and enthusiastic atmosphere.
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical/Dental Health Insurance
- Paid Sick/Personal/Vacation days
- Paid Holidays
- Incentives and Bonuses
- Company matched 401(k)
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Educational Assistance
- And much more!
Boca Raton, FL
2 Year Degree
Work Experience Required:
Competitive Pay and Incentives
Job Description/ Responsibilities:
A leading healthcare staffing provider, American Traveler places healthcare professionals such as nurses and rehabilitation therapists in short and long-term job assignments throughout the US. The Credentialing Support Specialist communicates directly with healthcare professionals, assigned to a group of our Placement Consultants. You'll help our Placement Consultants focus more time and attention on business development and placements while achieving compliance documentation requirements. Documentation requirements include competency testing, licensure, certifications, medical requirements, past employment verifications, professional references, background checks, drug tests, skills checklists, and other documents as needed. The Credentialing Support Specialist will become well versed in all documentation requirements and standards and serve as a vital resource to the healthcare professionals and Placement Consultants who you work with.
Responsibilities to include but not limited to:
- Review existing documentation for each healthcare professional and secure any required documentation that is not yet on hand
- Completing the commitment process as each healthcare professional accepts a position.
- Communicate compliance standards to the healthcare professional at time of job acceptance and throughout the employment process.
- Order appropriate drug screen, background check(s) and competency testing.
- Communicate any changes to required documentation once the file has been audited.
- Assist healthcare professionals with compliance; answering questions and educating, arranging certification classes, researching lab and medical office information, etc.
- Monitor compliance throughout employment, ensuring that all expiring documents are renewed and received by American Traveler on a timely basis.
If you are a new college graduate or working professional who wants to work in a fast-growing organization, American Traveler will give you the opportunity to take your career to to the next level.
Job Skills / Requirements:
As an entry-level professional position, this is an excellent opportunity for recent college graduates. Any previous work experience, whether as an internship or full-time employment, will further enhance your qualifications for this position.
Credentialing or documents review / compiling / auditing in
- Medical office or hospital.
- HR departments.
- Brokerage or mortgage industry.
- Insurance industry.
- Credentialing and employment verification experience preferred, familiarity with healthcare staffing documentation a real plus
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency. Strong computer skills and demonstrated ability to learn new software applications.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to tactfully answer documentation compliance questions and solve problems by phone, email or in person
- Filing, data entry, data storage
- Heavy customer contact, demonstrate strong desire to serve and assist
- High attention to detail and ability to work under deadline.
- Associates Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Local South Florida candidates only. You must be eligible to work in the United States.
We provide extensive training in healthcare compliance regulations, policies and procedures ... We encourage candidates seeking career advancement and management opportunities to apply! You'll have lots of chances to learn and grow in your career with us. We look forward to having you join our team!
Job ID: 40